Thursday 20 September 2012

Winter stock spew

 Just thought I would put up some pictures of the Christmas stock I have been making. I have literally been just designing and making this last week, my brain is doing its usual thing were it wont give me any down time as is goes on and on and on and on and on.............. my hands cant keep up. You have to go with the flow at these times as the inspiration and idea spew doesn't last so I just embrace the caos and fuel up with soup.




 I have been making lots of wall art/collage pieces in a sewn, drawn painted, glued kind of way
and have designed a Tamar swan cushion of which I have printed 3 to try them out. I embroider the swan in a mix of whites and creams and the plumage is stitched in French knots, chain stitch and running stitch I think it looks quite effective. Problem is knowing when to stop with these things. once I have a cuppa in hand I can get quite carried away with my needle and threads.




3 comments:

Little Dotty Bird said...

love LOVE love the framed typewriter pieces they are fab...loving the randomness of Learn Welsh in the middle! The swan is looking good too..youve been a busy bee indeed..my goodness I've got so much to do too..waah! If you fancy doing the school fair with me on the 29th let me know, its 2-5 pm, seeya soon bird x

rose red said...

Loving it all too. You have been so busy, I love the bits of writing too although should say learn cornish, just kidding I know you are connecting to your Welsh roots. Must catch up soon x

Woolly Soup said...

Thanks, not sure what will make the stall or not yet just keep making and then will pull out the stronger pieces. Hope you are having some fun filed crafty days too.
see you soon, I will pop over for a cuppa and catch up soon xxx